The uniform policy is to establish and provide clear guidelines with regard to the wearing and the implementation of the compulsory school uniform.
- To enhance student safety through increased visibility, especially with regards to trips off the school grounds.
- To support a level of consistency in dress that helps enhance the school image and culture.
- To give an increased positive identity in the wider community e.g. sports, choirs and competitions.
- The uniform will be worn all year round with variation for seasonal changes.
- The uniform will be made up of the approved items on the uniform schedule. (see the schedule below)
- All items of clothing and footwear must be clearly named.
- Uniforms will be available as per the schedule, including a selection of second-hand items when they become available.
- Parents are responsible for maintaining the uniforms to an acceptable standard. Clean and tidy condition is expected at all times.
- Children will wear a cover shirt provided by them when involved in art and craft activities or other activities that could damage the uniform at school.
- For school sport days, school uniform can be replaced with suitable sports and house shirts (see below).
Management and Monitoring
- Implementation of the uniform policy is always subject to uniform availability.
- All uniform issues will be addressed initially with children then with parents. If a child is not wearing the correct uniform the following steps will take place:
- The child will be asked why they are not wearing the school uniform. If further follow up is necessary:
- The community teacher will communicate with parents/caregivers either with a letter in the home learning book, or by phone as to reasons why their child is not in uniform.
- Standard letter home fromthe Associate Principal.
- Phone call home by the Associate Principal.
- Phone call home by the Principal.
- A continued breach of this policy may result in disciplinary action as the Principal considers appropriate.
- There will be certain school trips that the school uniform will be inappropriate. At the discretion of the Management team and Community Leaders, other suitable clothes may be recommended.
- Existing exemptions will continue but no new ones will be issued.
The compulsory uniform for Warkworth School
Available only through www.argyleonline.co.nz - any or all of the following:
- Polo shirts, colour turquoise, with the Warkworth School logo
- V neck T shirts colour turquoise with the Warkworth School logo
- Fleece Jacket, long sleeved, colour navy with the Warkworth School logo
Available through www.argyleonline.co.nz or can be purchased elsewhere:
- Shorts, skorts, track pants, trousers - all plain navy (no denim);
- Tights, long socks, thermals or visible undershirts are to be plain navy or black;
- Official school sunhat or equivalent sun smart plain wide brim hat. For more information on acceptable styles of sunhat click here
Download the PDF information, price list and frequently asked questions.
$20 each. Available at the school office.